Friday, November 25, 2011

Who knows anything about baby squirrels?

I JUST RESCUED AN ORPHANED BABY SQUIRREL


AND I'VE NEVER HAD TO RAISE ONE BEFORE IN


MY LIFE. I JUST WOULD LIKE SOME ADVISE %26amp;


TIPS ON IT FROM SOMEONE A LIL MORE EXPERIENCED THAN I.Who knows anything about baby squirrels?
1st: I found out apparently in my state you have 2 have some special license to handle orphaned wild life...whatever...I have raised 2 squirrels now and they are AWESOME :) 2nd: very important..they should not be fed Esbilac (a puppy formula) they should eat KMR (a kitten formula) or a goat milk formula if they are still nursing. Do a search to find out how old your baby is so you know how ofter you should feed..there are many sites with info that will also tell you how to transition from milk to solids and teach them to forage. The most important of all of it...you can not keep this baby forever, your job is to prepare them for life in the wild and from experience...they are so much happier! The squirrels I have raised do still come up to my glass door to say Hi, just no touching! Love them, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment