Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ever eaten squirrel, deer, etc.?

deerEver eaten squirrel, deer, etc.?
deer...yes Squirrel noEver eaten squirrel, deer, etc.?
Yeah, my grandpa used to hunt and would make squirrel stew. The thought grosses me out now.
Deer meat.
Sure...Deer, bear, rabbit. squirrel, turtle, wild pheasant, duck, rattlesnake, ground hog, wild boar, wild turkey, alligator tail and crawdads(I didn't like either one of those.)...all kinds of wild meat.


Deer is delicious, but very dry..Bear meat is stringy and greasy. Fried rabbit tastes like fried chicken. Stew the squirrel and make squirrel dumplings/gravy.Wild turtle (Mud turtle) is amazing. you can detect similarities in its meats to seven (7) different kinds of wild meat. Pheasant is almost identical to chicken, Wild Boar is a type of pork, with similar flavor as domestic hogs. Rattlesnake is all white meat, but it's very bony and kinda tuff.Taste is OK, though.(Tried that at the annual rattlesnake round-up in Sweetwater, TX.) Breaded ground hog tastes like real greasy dark-meat chicken, but if its boiled, seasoned and baked, it's pretty good. Duck is all dark meat, even the breast. But, like the wild turkey, it has distinct poultry flavor. You roast a duck, though, not fry it.
All of the above and Rabbit, Dove, Quail, Elk. The list goes on.
yep deer


venison


i hated it
none. wish to have a taste of a deer.
deer
I've eaten:


Deer.


Hog.


Turkey.


Duck.


Pheasant.


Dove.


Quail.


Beef.


Rattlesnake.





I've eaten all of these things because my great aunt owns a ranch and my dad hunts all the time. All of those things were from her ranch.
deer,rabbit
Duck, tastes like tough chicken.
deer ,,, poor thing ,, didn;t know it until i ate 1/2 then i was told what it was ,, grossed me out,,then
deer, snake, frogs and turtles (originally from Missouri)
none
Yes I have had both of those.
the great bill cosby did once and gave half to crush33 frazzle snazzle bleeble blabble
Squirrel and deer both...





squirrel meat tastes great! seriously.
i have eaten deer but not squirrel
Etc. is very tasty!
unknowingly...deer sausage and it was gross!!!


fried alligator-kinda tasted like white meat chicken...
no squirrel but I have tried deer and didn't care for it too much
yea.. is good... I LIKE! %26lt;borat%26gt; but seriously.. its okayish..like weird chicken
no just fish. platy loves fish. once caught me a giant sea bass with my bare claws!
Both deer and squirrel were a staple in rural Georgia where I come from....Since becoming older I have eaten alligator tail,rattlesnake,crawdad,and bison....I'll try anything once and have not found any of the exotic foods that I didn't like....oh yeah frog legs too !!!!
oh heck yes and it's soooooo good :)
deer jerky is SO good.
squirrel stew, after the holidays, money was real tight. Good golly never again do I want to do that. I ate buttered noodles alot after that.
deer, aligator, ostrich , and phesant
nope
i've eaten deer

No comments:

Post a Comment